Co.- is an independent consultancy enables decision makers to address organizational challenges that affect business performance through:
- Coaching and developing LEADERSHIP
- Enabling organizations to leverage CULTURE, DIVERSITY, and EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE
- OPTIMIZING TALENT by aligning people with strategy
- Driving CHANGE MANAGEMENT & TRANSFORMATION
What Makes Co.- Unique:
Proven expertise. Leveraging over 20 years of leadership, practical experience, and research in culture and organizational change Co.- provides you with the unparalleled insight you need to unlock real results.
Solutions customized to your specific context. Off the shelf solutions lack relevance. Lasting change is achieved through our custom-made, curated strategies.
Exclusive framework. Design of Work Experience (DOWE) is the only step-by-step “how-to” for designing, implementing, and sustaining culture. Build innovative skills and culture-building capability all at the same time using this proven framework.
Technology enabled for data-driven solutions. Where appropriate, Co.-leverages the use of carefully selected software to enable diversity, talent optimization, and change management to enable data-driven insights.
Here’s what clients can expect:
- We are working from the beginning to eliminate the need for consultant support. The aim is to empower and develop organizations to the degree they can independently manage the key people factors and differentiators for their success.
- Every organization’s people and context are different, so the approach is customized and never the same. The innovative solutions developed are relevant and impactful to the complexities of each client’s circumstances.
- Co.-‘s vantage point brings new perspectives to old challenges, using inter-disciplinary points of view and strategic design thinking to create conditions for the best outcomes.
- It’s not just about getting the job done, but also making sure the strategies delivered have the potential for sustainable change and lasting results.
- Co.- is all about partnerships and collaborating on the basis of mutual trust.
- New insights are gained not just from understanding what’s wrong, but uncovering and leverage what’s right. Incorporating a strengths and opportunities-based approach promotes systemic transformation over fixing individual problems caused by it.
Karen Jaw-Madson, Principal
Karen Jaw-Madson is principal of Co.-Design of Work Experience, author of Culture Your Culture: Innovating Experiences @ Work (Emerald Group Publishing, 2018), founder of Future of Work platform A New HR, and instructor at Stanford University’s Continuing Studies Program. She enables decision makers to address organizational challenges that affect business performance, including leadership, company culture, talent optimization, and change management. A former corporate executive, Karen is known as a versatile leader across multiple industries with experience developing, leading, and implementing numerous organizational initiatives around the globe. She has been featured in Inc., Fast Company, Fortune, Thrive Global, Protocol, and The Ladders, as well as written for HR publications such as SHRM’s HR People+Strategy, TLNT.com, HR.com’s HR Strategy & Planning Excellence magazine, and HR Professional magazine. Other publications where she appears as a contributor include Mobile Medicine: Overcoming People, Culture, and Governance, Punk XL (Experience Leadership), and The Secret Sauce for Leading Transformational Change. Karen has a BA in Ethnic and Cultural Studies from Bryn Mawr College and a MA in Social-Organizational Psychology from Columbia University.