Build culture as an asset and scale up with with strong leadership, amazing teams, and branded employee experiences.
LEVEL 1: Unhackable Leadership: Leading Your Startup Effectively
We all know leadership isn’t easy. In startups, it’s a whole different challenge. Founders are ousted every day because stakeholders “lost confidence” in their ability to lead (think WeWork, Uber, Groupon, and so on). The reality is that entrepreneurs don’t have access to the tools and support they need to be successful…until now. This highly interactive learning experience focuses on the founders themselves within their context, and introduces them to skills and concepts that they can use to become “unhackable”—authentic, rock solid, and without shortcuts. Participants will have the chance to:
- explore important topics such as emotional intelligence, learning and reflection, communication, collaboration, and self-care
- practice and experiment with leadership skills in a safe, low-risk environment
- develop their own personal leadership vision that they can incorporate into conversations with their investors, team dynamics work, and even their pitch decks
LEVEL 2:(Dys)Functional Founder Teams: How to Avoid Crashing and Burning
As one investor puts it, they invest because of the “team, market need, and then technology”—in that order. Team dysfunction renders a startup “un-fundable.” Far too many promising products and businesses fail because the founding team can’t get along. Your company’s culture begins with you and your co-founders, but where do you start? Sometimes you don’t realize the need until conflict becomes unmanageable. Then what? In this interactive workshop, founding teams will learn to:
- set and hold to expectations with one another in order to get stuff done
- transform into a healthy team that loves working together
- leverage constructive conflict and resolve unproductive conflict
LEVEL 3: Inspire Your Team AND Your Investors w/Purpose, Vision, and Mission
Think your startup is too small or too early to care about culture? Wrong. If you’ve got a business strategy, you need a people strategy to go with it. Culture begins with the founding team and your company’s identity will influence whether your customers, investors, employees and other stakeholders will put their trust in you. How will you compel others to get in early and make your company their own? In this interactive workshop, founders will learn how to differentiate themselves through purpose, vision and mission, answering key questions such as:
- Why do we exist? What do we hope to achieve?
- How are we uniquely positioned?
- How will we bring our purpose to life?
- What is our vision?
- What are our goals?
LEVEL 4: How to Grow Fast Without Losing Your Soul: Values, Culture, and Employee Experiences
Purpose, Vision, and Mission are key to your company’s identity, but the Values, Culture, and Employee Experiences make them a reality. This workshop will teach your startup how to move from espoused to lived culture (a.k.a. walk your talk), preparing you to scale through rapid growth without losing yourselves in the process. Recruit employees more easily by giving them reasons to join and stay for a while. Create an employer brand that surpasses others. In this interactive workshop, you will learn how to:
- choose your company’s “need to have,” not “nice to have” values
- design, implement, and sustain culture through various stages of your company’s development
- leverage diversity and create employee experiences where both people and business thrive
- establish your company culture as the basis for people strategies and decisions while leveraging diversity