Where has the time gone?! It’s long-overdue for a dispatch from Culture Land (a.k.a my world), chock full of resources for you (and shared on my social media feed this summer):
1. Did you ever wish for a better culture, but didn’t know where to start? Check out the #CYC30DAYS Challenge! Launched in commemoration of my book’s publishing anniversary, you can start the challenge in your organization any time. Just be sure to tag me on social media so I can share.
2. Here are articles where I was featured:
- Better Communication Tools Can Radically Improve Workplaces, If Managers Can Convince Workers to Speak Up (Fortune)
- Follow Through On Your Commitments To Create a Great Work Culture with Author Karen Jaw-Madson (Thrive Global)
3. Articles I wrote:
- It’s Like Jeopardy: What Game Theory Has to Do with Work Culture(featured on Medium’s Culture Section).
- How to Culture with Design of Work Experience (revised and re-launched on LinkedIn)
- Back to School, Back to Culture (re-shared from the archives)
4. Interesting bits I shared on social media this summer:
- Buffer Open Blog, which details the company’s organizational journey
- The Ultimate Founder Bootcamp is Another Person’s Startup
- UBiome’s Downfall, including obvious red flags–no expressed company values, 2.9 stars & 41% Recommend to a friend on glassdoor, and dishonesty to the media
- World Health Organization’s inclusion of workplace “burnout” in the International Classification of Diseases
- Tim Cook’s Commencement Speech at Stanford, chock full of great quotes
- Reviews of Slack on Glassdoor in honor of their listing on the NYSE
- Google’s Jigsaw Was Supposed To Save the Internet. Behind the Scenes It Became a Toxic Mess
- US Women’s Soccer Team’s Biggest Battle Is Yet to Be Won
- Survey Says Corporate Culture Is Worth More than a Big Salary
- A Unicorn Lost in the Valley, Evernote Blows Up the ‘Fail Fast’ Gospel
- What will it be, Boeing? Great airplanes that generate cash flow or great cash flow, period?
- The Venture Capital Blindspot
- Gartner’s Help Optimize Organizational Change
- 8 Indispensable Pieces Of Work And Career Advice From Toni Morrison
- The CEOs of nearly 200 companies just said shareholder value is no longer their main objective
- Google’s latest explosive #MeToo claims are yet another sign of a destructively permissive culture built up over years
- Was Etsy too good to be true?
Long time readers of my newsletter know that I continually experiment with content and format. Stay tuned for upcoming editions organized around themes, starting with Customer Experience (CX) and Human Resources (HR).
As for me, I continue to work with clients on projects such as cultural identity development (purpose, mission, vision, values) and founding team dynamics with startups. I had a great Fireside Chat a few weeks ago with Startup House. This week I’m on a panel discussing the Future of Work with Business Insite Group’s EXcelerating HR Conference, and next week I will be speaking at Silicon Valley Advantage‘s Demo Day. I can’t wait to announce a few more activities in my pipeline! In the meantime, please keep me in mind as a resource for your organization or those in your network. New client conversations are always welcome. More details on my offerings can be found on the website.
Now it’s your turn. How are you? I’d love to hear what you’ve been up to and how I can help.